We hope that you are all finding yourselves safe and healthy. Like you, we are also learning how to exist in this craziness that will be our new normal.
As you know, Distance Learning begins next week. We know that it will be very different from what we are all used to. To help us best support your child, a survey went out this week on the Second Grade blog, and we hope that you took the time to fill it out. If you have not had the opportunity yet, please do so as soon as you can. Thank you to those who have already completed it.
We will be using SeeSaw as our primary learning platform where students can post their work, such as writing or math. Our reading (Benchmark) and math (GoMath) will be accessible via SeeSaw or the CVESD single sign on, just like how students log into Achieve3000. Prior to Monday, your child’s teacher will send you a QR code that will allow your child to access their SeeSaw platform. Please be sure to do this before or on Monday. Remember that this is a STUDENT account.
We want to emphasize that ALL of this learning is highly recommended, but not mandatory. We understand during these unique times, families have situations that may make it more difficult to guide your child with learning at home. In the end, we genuinely want your child to feel supported given these circumstances. By the end of quarter 3, most of the standards have already been taught/introduced, so much of what we “assign” will be a review of previously taught concepts. However, there will be a few math standards, specifically, that we will introduce via video.
We know that there will be challenges. Please, be patient! Try not to stress…we will be here to help and guide your child through this.
Our primary thinking is this:
- We will “assign” weekly work. There might be “must dos’ and “may dos”
- We will post and upload videos for students to watch at a time that works for your family.
- We will check in with all students at least once a week via email, SeeSaw or maybe even a chat on TEAMS (more info to come).
- We will post norms for both students and parents to follow (more info to come).
- We will reply to parents within a 24 hour time frame M-F
How can you help?
- Be sure to check for communication from the teacher.
- Provide your child with a workspace.
- Create a schedule with your child that works for your family.
- Be there to support your child.
- Remain positive.
- Do your best to have your child finish the work they can.
- If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Please know that Distance Learning is a learning curve for all (parents, students and teachers.) We will do our absolute best to make the experience a good one! Any issues that arise, we will do our best to address.
As always, thank you for your support during this time. Now more than ever, we truly appreciate it.
The Second Grade Team